Old February 20th 04, 05:59 AM
Cockpit Colin

I found that the contrast seemed to have an overly significant effect too

"Jon Woellhaf" wrote in message
I wrote that I can't dim my GPSMAP 295 sufficiently and Rod Madsen said he
can dim his to black. "Hudson Valley Amusement" agreed, and Chris Campbell
said he can dim his to barely visible and suggested something might be

wrong
with my unit.

Very interesting! I hadn't thought that it might be defective.

My 295, S/N 98802510, is one of the first. I received it on 4 Feb 2000.

I'm
running the latest firmware, ver 2.50.

Rod also said he'd like his to be brighter. Mine is plenty bright when
running on external power. I wonder if a production change was made that
lowered both the maximum and minimum brightness.

I'll ask Garmin.

Thanks for the responses.

Jon