Old April 25th 05, 04:13 PM
Matt Barrow

"Dylan Smith" wrote in message
In article , Chris wrote:
Its not just a question of the price at the pump but the cost of the

mile.
This goes a long way to redress the balance between the cost of petrol

and
the taxes. Besides by using at a slower rate, perhaps fuel will be

available
longer.

The future won't be a hydrogen economy (I reckon) - it'll be a diesel
economy.

In the short run maybe, but not over, I'd guess more than 20 years,

It's much easier to convert the diesel infrastructure to use
non-crude oil based fuel than it is to move to a hydrogen economy.

Hmmm...a series of tests by the Univeristy of Colorado a few years ago
indicated the a HUGH proportion of pollution comes from diesels.