Old October 23rd 06, 06:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Discus verus Discus 2, LS8, ASW 28

I've flown my Ventus 2C alongside the Discus 2, ASW-28, and LS-8, and
if I chose to go with the flapless crowd, my first choice would be the
LS8/18, based upon its performance, cockpit ergonomics, ease of
assembly, and bang for the buck.

The LS-8s I fly with (against?) in Arizona -- at least four of them --
I've only been able to beat in high-speed glides. I think they are
amazing sailplanes.

But those three gliders are all close enough in quality and performance
that if I were buying in the used market, I would take the first good
value that came along.

~ted/2NO