Old January 28th 12, 12:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Gleason

Default New Butterfly Vario

On Jan 27, 9:45*pm, Tony wrote:
bruno my quick read on Paul's website indicates that that is exactly
how the Butterfly works, it triggers a line in the IGC file that says
the artificial horizon was used. *Like you say I think that is a good
way to address this. If **** happens and you get sucked into a cloud
(See "Into the Bowels of Darkness" by Kempton Izuno) you have the
instrument available to save your life, but you trade your life for
zero points.

This is fine as long as WINSCORE is updated to check for these IGC
file markers. Are there standards defined for such inclusions within
IGC files?