Old July 20th 19, 09:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

Default Flarmview versus Flarmview 57

On Saturday, July 20, 2019 at 9:25:48 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Friday, July 19, 2019 at 8:58:25 AM UTC-6, wrote:
I'm interested in purchasing a Flarmcore soon and I'm curious which of the displays would work best. I have a spare 57mm hole in the panel now, so the Flarmview 57 seems to be the simplest installation. I'm curious if having the extra buttons on the original Flarmview make this device easier to use in flight.

Thoughts?

Michael "8U"

I've had both, and settled with the Flarmview57. Fits in panel and I have had no issues reading the screen. I do wear glasses , no problems.

I have been flying with the 57mm version for a number of years. I strictly use it for traffic awareness, nothing else. Readability is good.