Old March 25th 21, 04:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Revolutionary new plane

kinsell wrote on 3/25/2021 9:24 AM:
On 3/25/21 8:28 AM, Richard Livingston wrote:
Both of those "concepts" show complete ignorance of aerodynamics.* Reminds me of my
grandmother who wanted to tell the pilot to fly low and slow, for safety.* There are very good
reasons modern aircraft are all mono-planes turbofans that fly at very high altitudes.* They
are both
more energy efficient and safer.* Why would anyone want an airplane that has to follow a track?

Rich L.

I know these do indeed look like April Fools jokes, but who would have ever guessed that
Caproni would build a nine-wing seaplane airliner meant to cross the Atlantic with only eight
refueling stops?* They actually made one and a half test flights with that thing.

Here's a more detailed article on the three-wing job.* Through the miracles of Photoshop, now
they're flying with gear up:

https://paxex.aero/se-aeronautics-fever-dream/

This one has an actual author who is starting to apply a bit of critical thinking.* Sounds like
they're serious about this thing, fishing around for $40-50 million in seed money, then angling
for the ever popular reverse acquisition with a Special Purpose Acquisition Company to get the
billions they'll need.* If they actually do go public, a day one naked short sounds like a good
bet to me.* First flight in three years, you betcha.

Interesting that the one shot molding process forces a few compromises, like no windows.* Does
that include the cockpit too?

Seriously, am I the only one with an Android phone that keeps getting this crap fed to them?
When they've got nothing new, they recycle old articles like how the Alice in Wonderland plane
was the star of the 2019 Paris airshow, or how Norway is charging full speed ahead with their
all-electric airplane program.

The only mention I saw for windows was they are structurally inefficient, and all passengers
would get better outside views with cameras outside and video screens on the inside. I'm for
that, as airline windows are small, limited in viewing area, and often hazy.