Old September 28th 04, 08:33 PM

Xmnushal8y wrote:
You're right about "clueless" ... I mean, how much information do you
NEED? I *said* Midland AIR SHOW

"Peter Duniho" wrote:

Not in your first post you didn't, to which Brien replied. You provided NO
information whatsoever about what it was you were talking about.

Actually, my second post clarified what I was asking...that was the post
that Brien said I still provided no information whatsoever in.

Frankly, you're lucky you got a reply at all. Most people, including
myself, when they see a post that appears to be completely random
and has no information that could be used to form a reply, simply
ignore the post altogether.

Lucky? for that response?

It's a public message board ... people post, some get replies, some
don't. Even regular posters don't always provide enough detail that
*everyone* knows what they're talking about. But some do. If you know
the answer, you reply; if you don't, you don't ... simple, yes? I made
an incorrect assumption that, since this was a group of pilots and
Midland is *supposedly* one of the bigger shows (I admit, I don't know
if that's an accurate statement, but it must be fairly well attended for
all the major hotels to be booked solid) that at maybe someone might
have knowledge. In any case, there are other ways to say, "can you
provide a little more info" than "what the hell are you talking about?"
.... but that's just how some people communicate.

It's a pretty sure bet that someone so clueless as to "ask" a question
without actually providing any information about what question they are
asking are probably also so clueless as to take offense when someone points
out how clueless their first post was, rather than admitting that they
should have been more specific.

I assumed there may be some pilots here who were familiar with the
annual Midland show. Anyone who is would have understood the first post.

Your response is a perfect case in point. You've quite well demonstrated
why people shouldn't bother to reply to posts as clueless as your first post
was.

I couldn't agree more! ... if a person finds a question "clueless", why
bother answering just to be rude?