Old November 10th 04, 03:51 AM
J Haggerty

Although a missed approach holding pattern is normally charted, at the
time the procedure was built, the only requirement is that the missed
approach procedure allowed a pilot to continue in the enroute
environment. Using the VORTAC as the clearance limit accomplished this,
so a holding pattern was not required.
2000 would probably not provide the required 1000' obstacle clearance
for a holding pattern at CLL (based on the 1049' tower that appears to
be within any holding pattern that would be used there), the minimum
holding altitude is probably higher than 2000.

JPH

Roy Smith wrote:
In article ,
Nicholas Kliewer wrote:

In the following approach (VOR/DME or GPS-A),
http://204.108.4.16/d-tpp/0411/06276VDGA.PDF
am I required to hold at RAINEE? Does it
depend which IAF I use?

I see three IAF's (OWANY, OWDIM, and RANEE). The first two are the
start of DME arcs, both of which are marked NoPT, so you don't fly a
PT if you start from either of those.

If you start the approach from RANEE you have to fly the PT, and the
PT is constrained to be a 1-minute holding pattern.

What I find odd about the procedure is that there's no hold charted
for the missed. The obvious answer is that you hold northeast of CLL
on the 027 radial, right turns, 1 minute legs, but it's conventional
to chart the holding pattern.