Old June 26th 17, 02:13 PM
Walt Connelly Walt Connelly is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
A wee bit disingenuous there Walt. Here is the quote 'The odds are 50/50 of something bad happening on each launch. Either it will or it won’t!' Article goes on to list 41 possible tow emergencies, The Schweizer hook is not named and might be a complicating factor in one of the 41. Doesn't help your case. Now of course there is a way to eliminate all 41, stay home. But you don't want safety, personal or for everyone else. You want to get recess canceled because you got a wedgie on the playground.
On Sunday, June 25, 2017 at 8:43:09 PM UTC-4, Walt Connelly wrote:
Dan Marotta;949727 Wrote:
If it was really 50-50 nobody would be flying. Did that statistic come

from MSNBC or Johnny Depp?

Actually it was in an article from Tom Knauff called "Launching
Emergencies." I read everything I can find on the subject. I saw the
humor, the tongue in cheek of what he said, did you not?

http://www.eglider.org/NewsArticles/...mergencies.htm

Walt

--
Walt Connelly
I believe number 13 was "glider gets too high." Mr Knoff appeared to be speaking from the standpoint of the glider and glider pilot but clearly he understands the effect of the glider on the tow plane. Just because he didn't specifically state the known problems with the Schweizer hook does not mean he is not aware.

Did you read his comments about changing from Schweizer to Tost and his interactions with the FAA? He, like a handful of others who have contacted me recognized a serious problem and delt with it.

Your posts do amuse me as I slurp my morning coffee and keeping me amused is a good thing.

Have a great day my friend.

Walt