Old July 9th 07, 04:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Frank Ch. Eigler

Default Slant-G near the JFK/LGA Class B

(Paul Tomblin) writes:

[...] Normally when I'm flying the Dakota, I just file direct and
get ready for a re-route, but somehow I don't think that's going to
fly in that part of the country. [...]

It will probably "fly" in the sense of being able to launch, but it
will be as inefficient as all the other times when you file direct but
get a reroute anyway.

[...] What do people who fly into that airspace all the time do?

I don't qualify ("all the time"), but FWIW, I file as if the /G did
not enter into it, and only take advantage of that (requesting direct
this or that) if the actual circumstances allow.

- FChE