Old July 9th 07, 11:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Peter Clark

Default Slant-G near the JFK/LGA Class B

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 01:59:55 +0000 (UTC),
(Paul Tomblin) wrote:

In a couple of weeks, I'm going to be near KBLM (Monmouth Executive) and
I'm hoping to fly down in our club's Garmin 530-equipped P28B Dakota.
Normally when I'm flying the Dakota, I just file direct and get ready for
a re-route, but somehow I don't think that's going to fly in that part of
the country. So I was wondering what a good strategy for flight planning
would be.

When I ask Aeroplanner for an airways route, it gives me KROC GEE v147 LVZ
40deg53.25N 75deg31.40W BEERS SBJ KBLM. That's kind of strange, but I
guess that's becaused of all the unusable sectors on ABE making V613 to V6
unusable for non-GPS equipped aircraft. I wonder if I should file LVZ
v613 ABE v6 SBJ instead. Or maybe I should file direct to RBV, since it's
an IAF for several of the approaches?

What do people who fly into that airspace all the time do?

You'll most likely see some variant of FJC V149 MAZIE V147 ARD V276
RBV.