Old July 21st 05, 05:38 PM
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Jose wrote:
One exception: I was flying back to Charlotte in a C-402 one morning with
only one brake. The controller keep after me to keep the speed up.

Did you try telling the controller "unable due to equipment problems"?

Sure... right after I rolled by the turnoff. Frankly, if I'd been allowed to
make my approach at normal speeds I probably would have made it. The controller
dumped me off 1/2 mile from the approach end of the runway still at cruise
speed. It served him right. If it was that big of a problem, he should have
put me behind the USAirways jet; I wouldn't have complained. Charlotte wasn't
busy at that time of day and I was home.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE