Old June 21st 05, 10:15 PM
W P Dixon

The one great thing about getting the sport pilot first is you would be able
to fly , carry a passenger in a light sport plane..and most important I
would think is practice for your PPL. I guess we don't know for sure yet
because no one has done it...but it makes good sense to say that by
obtaining a SPL, and flying, may actually speed up the process for getting
the PPL when you are ready for it. Extra practice sure can't hurt, and it's
alot cheaper to fly by yourself than having a CFI on board.
There's been many a PPL trained in Cubs and Champs, get your SPL in one
and get a head start!

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech