Old January 14th 04, 03:37 AM
David H

AOPA is closed for the day. Someone needs to call them at 8 am eastern time
(or whenever their office opens) Tuesday morning.

I'm on the west coast, otherwise I'd do it myself (I'm not getting up at 5 am
to do it). One of you early-risers on the east coast will have to do it
(actually, several people ought to do it, to make sure they don't drop the
ball). Boyer should be on the horn screaming at CBS by 8:10.

If the "teaser" reflects the tone of the piece they're going to air on
Wednesday, it looks like it'll be one of the most awful pieces of anti-GA
hysteria we've seen.

David H
Boeing Field (BFI), Seattle, WA
Visit the Pacific Northwest Flying forum:
http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/pnwflying

BTIZ wrote:

someone send this to AOPA??

BT

"David H" wrote in message
I just saw a "teaser" piece during the CBS Evening News promoting their
"investigation" on security at GA airports, to air tomorrow (Wed.
1/14). It looks like it's going to be just awful.

It showed a home on a residential airpark, and a woman in a hangar
saying "we can just come and go anytime we want, with no restrictions!"
Footage shows a Cessna approaching and landing. Announcer voice-over:
"You heard that right, NO RESTRICTIONS. Wait until you see what we
found. You'll be shocked. Tune in tomorrow for a CBS Evening News
Investigation."

Disgusting. This looks like it's going to be awful.

I just heard it again as I was typing this: "The trouble with security
at small airports, tomorrow." Looks like they're going to hype it a
lot. Ugh, where's my barf bag....