Old November 1st 04, 10:51 PM
Andreas Maurer

On 1 Nov 2004 14:52:53 GMT, Nyal Williams
wrote:

Here's a radical idea for the ASW-12. Jettison the
canopy, on the theory that it will then fly as if dive
brakes were open. grin

As I recall hearing, the L/D was 28/1 with the drogue
deployed. Are there any still flying? Seems I recall
a concerted effort to remove them from the market in
order to save lives.

Afaik by now all 12's have been converted to the 20 flap system with
landing setting.

Sissies. evil grin

Honestly: I admire the boldness of the designer and the pilots to
design and fly a glider with an L/D of 50 and no landing flaps in
order to gain about one point of L/D.
Pretty big ego concerning one's flying skills I guess.

Bye
Andreas