Old May 5th 09, 01:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
vaughn

Default Flight training before learning to drive?

"Ricky" wrote in message
Anyway, I expect to be a CFII & further soon (com./inst. now) and was
wondering if anyone has ever taught a sibling (or anyone for that
matter) to fly before they learned to drive?

My daughter had her Private license in both gliders and SEL long before
she had a driver's license. Our strategy was simply to keep her so busy
(and for us to be so accomidating with rides) as to delay her going through
all the hassle of actually getting her operator's license. It worked! Most
of her friends had already wrecked their first car before our daughter was
driving by herself. She never had any serious accidents, and I don't even
remember any tickets.

Vaughn