Old August 19th 05, 12:25 PM
Don Johnstone

At 22:12 12 August 2005, Pete Masson wrote: (snip)
I am now getting deeply upset by this and other similar
threads.

On Wednesday, after his initial posting, I sent JJ
an email expressing how upset I was by him using the
accident as a forum for his personal soap box. After
his second posting, I have to admit to some some red
mist descending and making me click send on a pretty
offensive email, although in my opinion no more offensive
than his. I don't regret this one bit, particularly
as JJ didn't deign to reply to me personally, he just
carried on with his rant. JJ - if you really believe
you have a point that needs to be made on this subject
right now, come here to the UK, and theres a few of
us who would be interested to hear you make it in person,
face to face.

Neil will always be there - every time we smoke towards
the finish line, and you can bet that, as usual, he'll
be egging us on to get closer...

Regards,

Pete Masson

I have already gone on record as saying that coment
on this incident is best left until after the facts
are ascertained and I have also rebuked those who have
used the incident to further personal agendas. I further
understand the sadness felt by those who are close
to the people involved.
If JJ was wrong in the way he made his postings, and
I accept this is not for me to judge, but I can give
an opinion then and that is that the same must apply
to all. Two wrongs do not make a right. I have thought
long and hard about the above posting and while I understand
that the words were spoken from the heart some things
are better left unsaid. It would be unfair for me to
comment as I have about JJ and not about this posting.
All I would ask is that the last paragraph is considered
in the same light as the posting made by JJ with regard
to personal agendas and the effect such a statement
may have both on those glider pilots reading it and
those investigating this incident.

In answer to a question posed in the same posting I
have had the misfortune to tell relatives of the loss
of their loved ones on far too many occasions. It is
something that I am totally committed to do anything
in my power to avoid doing again or indeed to make
it necessary for anyone else to do.