Old July 2nd 08, 05:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default First flight in our "new" Ercoupe...

congrats on your purchase. I was hot for Ercoupes for several years,
but going to an Ercoupe maintanence seminar at Oshkosh 07 cured me of
that. Of course I don't have an A&P for a partner either....

Can you share some of what you learned? Other than the wing service
bulletin that requires an incredible 17 inspection panels in the bottom of
the wing, I haven't heard about any real Ercoupe maintenance bugaboos.

It's a remarkably simple aircraft. I helped with the annual inspection, and
there was nothing that didn't come apart easily, and everything seemed very
robust. It was designed as an "Everyman's Plane" (kinda like the original
Volkswagen cars), and was designed to be simple to fly and easy to maintain.

Of course, it *is* 60 years old. Luckily, ours has many new parts.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA