Old July 8th 14, 07:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

Default Registering deLorme Inreach SE with SSA

On Monday, July 7, 2014 10:47:02 PM UTC-7, jfitch wrote:
On Monday, July 7, 2014 8:43:40 PM UTC-7, wrote:

When you update your tracker information on the SSA website it will typically be reflected on the tracking page in a week or so.

If you go to glideport.aero and update your tracker info in the Settings - Tracking page, the update is immediate. You also get an error message if the url is incorrect, e.g., if you mistype it.

Better yet, if you have an iPhone, download the GlideTrack app and use it as your mobile tracker. When you do that, you will get a "hi-def" track with an amazing flight analysis and visualization. And it's free!

Cheers. Pedja

So I remain confused. Is it enough to register the inReach tracking url on SSA.org, or must I also have an account and register it on glide port.aero?

Second, if you use the Glide Track app, what is the effect on battery life on the iPhone, what is the effect on other apps running concurrently (like iGlide), and does it need continuous cell tower coverage to track?

OK I just checked again on ssa.org and now my track is there. It just took awhile, about a week as mentioned above. Still interested in the answers to the Glide Track app.