Old September 20th 16, 01:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Dittel FSG 60M....Where is the internal Squelch adjustment pot?

Try looking up the service bulletin below. The POT (R428) is on the same right/left side of the PCB as the antenna jack, about 2 inches from the pilot / rear. I can't tell if the PCB sketch faces up or down so I don't want to use misleading words. I can email it if you can't find it. Good luck, Bruce

DG Flugzeugbau GmbH Postfach 4120 76625 Bruchsal Tel. 07257/890
Subject : Effectivity : Accomplishment : Reason :
Instructions :
Service Info
No. 20/97
Adjusting Squelch Sensitivity of Dittel Radios
All DG Motorgliders with FSG 70 and 71M Radios If necessary
page 1 from 2

Adjustment of squelch sensitivity
1. Without disconnecting the wiring remove the radio from the instrument panel,.
2. Remove the bottom cover plate of the radio housing.
3. Adjust the squelch sensitivity potentiometer with a small screw driver
(potentiometer R 428). See drawing on page 2..
4. Operate the engine at full power with earphones on and turn the potentiometer
counterclockwise to reduce the sensitivity. Reduce the sensitivity just enough to remove ignition interference.
Warning: Never run the engine without the wings installed.
5. Secure the potentiometer with securing paint.
6. Reinstall the bottom cover plate of the radio housing and theradio.
-,-
June 04.1997
Dipl. Ing. Wilhelm Dirks