Old January 6th 10, 01:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Soaring apps for iPhone

Hi,

I see that the TrackLog web site does allow for tracking groups, but I
haven't played with it yet.

I found that although TrackLog works in Internet Explorer, it works better
(more information displayed) in Safari.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde

"Paul Remde" wrote in message
Hi Werner, and everyone,

That looks like a very cool app.

I installed it on my iPhone and entered my iPhone ID into the TrackLog web
page and it displayed my current position on the map. I think it would
allow someone to follow my glider flight in real time.

I don't see where it is possible to setup the display interval (as
mentioned below).

It would be neat if it could display the locations of multiple iPhones on
a single map. Perhaps it can and I just haven't found that feature yet on
the web site. That would be great for use at the local soaring club, or
at contests.

The web site is: http://tracklog.streckenflug.ch

This could make SPOT tracking at contests obsolete - at least for owners
of iPhones. I can't wait to use it at a soaring contest this summer. Of
course, it doesn't replace the emergency features that a SPOT offers.

Very cool!

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"Werner Rüegger" wrote in message
On Dec 27 2009, 4:32 pm, "kirk.stant" wrote:
Just got one of these Apple gizmos and I'm curious what apps other
glider guiders are using. So far I've found some nice non-aviation
weather and mapping apps, so now I'm looking for a good NOTAM and
aviation wx brief app.

How about SPOT, XCskies, DrJack?

Kirk
66

Hi Kirk, I found a nice little app called TrackLog. Allows you to
follow a flight on real time on the computer with spots (intervals)
every 3 sec or whatever you choose.

Werner/EL