Old October 26th 20, 05:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Westbrook[_2_]

Default The Apology

Greg, there was a full page in Soaring explaining the issue along with an apology. There have been several on here offering an explanation to those who asked. If you don't get it yet... I'm now positive you won't just because others say it again and again. I'd say that's fine if you don't see something deeper in an ad. Everyone has a different experience and world-view, so in that case I'd expect someone mature would move on and say, "I don't get it but whatever, lets go fly gliders".

The bigger problem is that yourself and others who didn't read anything into an advertisement, do think that its ok to call women "childless whores", "Feminazis"and that they "would be more attractive if they kept their mouth shut". So right now, the problem isn't Soaring magazine that offered an explanation and apology. It's you.