Old October 4th 07, 01:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip

Default Backwash Causes Lift?

Le Chaud Lapin wrote:
On Oct 3, 4:14 pm, Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:
Whoowh!
Zero point energy!

Surely, you must be joking. The exposition I wrote above is nothing
more than high school physics.

Where do you see me implying zero point energy?

I know my physics. Do you? There is no "zero point" energy.

Actually, there is. Not theory anymore, proven in a lab..

You´re proving to be quite the plaything.

Plain and simple:

If a person sucks on a straw, the reason the fluid rises has *NOTHING*
to do with Bernoull's principle. It has to do with the balance in
force being eliminated. In particular, the air in the straw is
removed, so the 14.4lbs/square in will lift the fluid in the straw.

This should be familiar to you, since you are a pilot. Where do you
think 29.92 Hg comes from? It comes from the height that a column of
mercury will rise in a complete rarefied tube in STP, which just
happens to be 29.92.

Both you and Mxmanic are wrong.

Maybe, but I can fly.

Bertie