Old February 5th 04, 09:40 AM
henell

Default Puchaz spin count 23 and counting

Bill Daniels said,
*Rather than blame the glider, I would point the finger at training
that doesnt equip pilots with the skills needed to fly these gliders*
I tend to agree. Have umpteen hours in Puchii. I have always found them
very predictable if flown within C of G limits. Have never had a
problem with spin recovery if the correct technique is employed. If
treated like a Blanik (when auto rotating) and back pressure alone is
released, they definitely will not come out. The full correct drill
must be applied. I have found no recovery problem with 8 or more turn
spins during aerobatic sequences.
HOwever, as indicated it probably would not hurt for a recap by those
with the skills regarding any nasty that may be lurking. Remove the
doubt once and for all.
Henry

--
henell
- A website for Australian Pilots regardless of when, why, or what they fly -