Old May 11th 05, 08:01 PM
ORVAL FAIRBAIRN

In article ,
"Kyle Boatright" wrote:

What's the narrowest runway you've ever used? At what runway width are you
comfortable? Among other things, I had an interesting experience yesterday
with a runway that was far narrower than any I'd used before...

When I lived in CA, I based at Frazier Lake for several years. Normally,
you use the 150'x2500' grass runway, but in the winter the grass is too
soggy, so we used the paved taxiway. That was approximately 20'-25' wide
and 2500' long. It got really sporting in a crosswind, so you really had
to keep on centerline.

Smith Ranch, in Marin County, was another narrow strip.