Old July 19th 08, 02:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Acheiving Silver Distance 50KM

On Jul 14, 7:26*pm, Scott Alexander wrote:
Can just anyone be a witness to the 50km if you do a straight line distance
and land at another airport? *

For example, if my wingrunner who is a commercial pilot, drags the trailer
to a declared airport 50km away and then come to pick me up there, can he
official witness this?

Will this count? *I don't have a gps data logger.

SCOTT,
PLEASE VISIT THE SSA WEBSITE. LOOK AT SOARING ACHIEVEMENT, BADGES.
THERE IS ALL THE INFORMATION YOU REQUIRE TO DO YOUR SILVER DISTANCE
AND BADGE. IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU DOWNLOAD AND PRINT THE SILVER
BADGE APPLICATION FORM. IT IS MUCH MORE THAN AN APPLICATION. IT TELLS
YOU EXACTLY HOW TO DO THE PAPERWORK AND DESCRIBES VERY WELL THE
ALTITUDE CONTRAINTS FOR DISTANCE AS WELL AS CONSIDERATIONS FOR THE
OTHER REQUIREMENTS.

WHERE ARE YOU FLYING?

HAVE FUN GETTING YOUR SILVER. BADGE FLYING IS CHALLENGING, REWARDING,
AND FUN!

JOHN