Old March 28th 13, 06:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

Default Wanted: Trailer for a 1-26

Some of your math is a bit off.

Not every 1-26 had a trailer.

Most of the 1-26 trailers are almost 40 years old. They are going to nature due to rust and old age faster than the gliders are going out of service..

Those of us that have them, keep them

You will have to build one or find someone who will.

Sorry for the reality but that is the story.

UH

Not only that, but many club operations have a "Gherlein Universal" or equivalent that is set up to handle the 2-33, 2-22, 1-34, and 1-26. I know my prior club had one trailer for 3 gliders. My current club probably has one (or more) for each glider, though only maybe half are truly roadworthy. And, there's a nice pile of iron oxide in the woods behind the hangar at an old site that indeed used to be a 1-26 trailer. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust...