Old September 30th 18, 02:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Default CFI-G

On Friday, September 28, 2018 at 11:14:09 PM UTC-4, Tango Eight wrote:
61.185

T8

Needed two more clicks of windage.

61.183.

It's a more interesting question than I originally thought.

Airplane CFI holder definitely does not need to take FOI again, 61.183.e.1.

61.183.f says you must pass an aeronautical test pertinent to the rating sought. The question... which as far as I can tell isn't answered explicitly in the FARs... is whether the flight instructor airplane knowledge test is accepted for flight instructor glider. The answer is -probably- yes. But I'd send an email to my friendly FAA inspector guy to be sure.

T8