Old July 14th 20, 01:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default eccentric wing pin tool

There can be other causes for rigging difficulties, e.g., the first time
I helped Tom Bjork rig his ASH-30 mi, we were absolutely unable to get
the second main pin inserted.Â* After a long struggle, we removed the
second wing inboard panel and found one of those tiny R-clips which are
used to secure l'Hotelier fittings on the shelf. That tiny thickness was
enough to prevent alignment of the pin bushings.

On 7/13/2020 10:16 PM, 2G wrote:
On Saturday, July 11, 2020 at 8:20:27 PM UTC-7, Tim Taylor wrote:
As always Tom, we are glad you know more than the rest of us. I am sorry I only have 30 years of rigging 4 different SH gliders, including a Nimbus 2, and have found that often lack of cleaning has made a major difference in the ability to get rig them. Alignment is critical, but it it is not going the last few mm it is often cleaning. But again you know everything and we mere beginners must know very little compared to your vast knowledge.

Your sarcasm is noted. Well, I have FORTY YEARS rigging a variety of gliders. Note that I said "lubing is not a bad thing" - what part of that did you miss? Go back and reread it. And when the lubing doesn't do the trick, follow the tips I gave (that is meant for the rest of you, Tim is obviously to thick headed to learn).

Tom

--
Dan, 5J