Old August 17th 03, 11:16 PM
A Lieberman

Default Overhaul time....

Well, decided to make that move. I managed to get 2040 hours out of my
engine in my Sundowner, and now have another cylinder acting up (both
plugs getting "wet") at slow idle. I just had a cylinder put in (ate an
exhaust valve) last month, so instead of nickle and diming my expenses
away in this engine, I decided to look into a factory remand engine.

So I can be informed when I do talk to the mechanic, has anybody had any
dealings with Air Power in Arlington TX? They have a website at
www.factoryengines.com.

I was told in hangar talk, that a factory remand engine for an 0360 180
horsepower engine would be over $20K, yet this company is offering my
engine for $15,7K. Is this a too good to be true site? I found them in
the controller.com sales paper.

Approximately how much more expenses will I need to do this job?
Realizing labor rates are different, but if a mechanic charges $60 an
hour, how much in labor can I expect for an engine replacement.

Are there other costs I need to prepare for during this engine
replacement?

Thanks for your time in answering.

Allen