Old September 5th 06, 05:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

Default Cambridge 302/303 users - feedback please

Marc Ramsey wrote:
I had an SN10 a few years back, and found it to be excellent for
assigned tasks, but painful for flying without a set task. It was hard
to create a task on the fly, and there was no easy way to determine what
turnpoints were nearby. Perhaps this has been fixed in recent years...

I find it extremely easy to change task on the fly - much easier than
any PDA program I've tried (I've flown with MCU, Winpilot, and
pocketStrePla, and played with GNII). You do have to know where the
turnpoints are - either a marked map, or a PDA map work well in this
case. Helps if they are numbered.

But I agree it is best for assigned tasks (which is what I prefer,
naturally...). A bit awkward for AATs, but I've yet to find a device
that does that well (without too much heads down time).

It now shows closest alternates, not the same as closest turnpoints.

Cheers,

Kirk