Old February 24th 18, 03:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default ClearVav vs. LXNav

These things are pretty simple to make using a text editor and data from
the FAA.Â* Here's an example of a SUA file I used last year in my CNII.Â*
It's simply a text file with the extension changed to .sua after creation:

### Dog Head TFR, NM ###
INCLUDE=YES
TITLE=Dog Head TFR ABQ Approach 123.9
TYPE=DANGER
BASE=SFC
TOPS=12500
POINT=N345759 W1062705
POINT=N345759 W1060534
POINT=N344515 W1060430
POINT=N344515 W1062845
POINT=N345759 W1062705
#
### McClure Fire TFR Radius - 5 NM ###
INCLUDE=YES
TITLE=MCCLURE FIRE TFR.
TYPE=DANGER
BASE=SFC
TOPS=15000ALT
CIRCLE RADIUS=5.00 CENTRE=N354259 W1054746
#

Then load it to your device per the operating manual.Â* Note the same
format worked for XCSoar and will probably work for LK8000.

On 2/23/2018 8:15 PM, Ramy wrote:
Unfortunately you still need to convert the TFR files to cub file to use them with LXNAV. You can use SeeYou desktop to do the conversion.

Ramy

--
Dan, 5J