Old May 10th 06, 11:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Best place to live and fly?

On 2006-05-10, Doug wrote:
Compared to the scenery in place that have ocean, mountains, lakes,
sand dunes, wild rivers, skiing, deserts to rainforests...

When I was a small child of around 6 years old, I used to look through
the atlas. I used to look in wonder at the United States, and try to
figure out how people living in places like Iowa could bear living so
many miles from the sea.

I've never lived more than about 70 miles from open salt water. I don't
think I would want to, either! (Where I live now, it's impossible to be
more than about 7.5 miles from open water).

It does have its drawbacks though. We get quite a few IFR days and
soaring in the glider is often a challenge!