Old July 21st 04, 02:56 AM
C J Campbell

"Javier Henderson" wrote in message

Happy now?

You know, we as pilots sure do a **** poor job in promoting
evolution. We whine and complain about how it's all old stuff because
the FAA gets in the way of everything, but when a new design comes
along, we sure are ready to bash it to pieces.

First of all, I thought my report of the Diamond was very favorable, and it
is even newer than the Cirrus. In fact, it has many more innovations than
the Cirrus, which hardly innovates at all. What is new about fiberglass, for
example, or even the rather outdated Avidyne flight display (superVGA,
non-integrated, slow) compared with the G-1000 (XVGA, fully integrated,
fast)?

The Cirrus is old news. You know, I am not making up these criticisms. You
have not addressed them at all; you are just complaining that those who
point out these weaknesses are anti-Cirrus, as if Cirrus were running for
class president instead of an airplane that peoples' lives depend on.