Old April 17th 07, 04:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mal[_3_]

Default OLC Registration

They changed servers bettween the 10 th and 14 th April.

I noticed this because I put the working link to the website I built and
four days later it was not working.

I will endevour to keep the link up to date @
http://narromineglidingclub.com.au/i...per&Itemid=103

This is the OLC link
http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0...aimType=glider

Why they do not put a url redirect in at the old url is beyond me !

Mal www.mals.net

SNIP

Quite often competitors receive error message from the OLC while uploading
flight information and IGC files because of using software programs with
older release versions, or software, not approved for use by the OLC (the
server problems which appeared during the Easter weekend have no connection
with that issue). That is annoying for users and in particular it does not
have to be.
Therefore we want to kindly inform You, that the easiest and safest way for
claiming flights in the OLC is the direct claim method, including the upload
of Your IGC file.
If You are logged in, before starting the claim, a number of data is already
set automatically in the claim form and does not have to be entered once
again. Attention: Donīt forget to set a LOGIN name of Your choice in Your
personal data, otherwise You cannot LOGIN.
The absolutely perfect claim is possible, if Your logger contains already
the correct flight info concerning type of aircraft and call sign in exactly
the spelling, used in the OLC data base, because then the claim form does
not even appear during the claim, but the flight is scored correctly,
without any further action needed.
As You see, You dont need any software to claim Your flights in the OLC.
Give this direct claim method a chance and You will see, ist works
perfectly, not to say ingeniously.
Your OLC team