Old October 17th 13, 06:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Doug Mueller

Default Places that I want to soar before I die

Add Ely, Nevada in there. Great little town. Inexpensive
and soaring is awesome. D
At 16:43 17 October 2013, wrote:
Fun topic.

My ranking of the best soaring spots in the world.....

(granted, I haven't
f=
lown at most of these these but I'm happy to change my

order after direct
e=
xperience.)

1. Omarama NZ
2. Moriarty, NM (I have flown here)
3. Logan and Cedar Valley, UT area (shout out to Bruno!)
4. Uvalde, Tx (I have flown here)
5. Parawan, UT
6. Minden, NV
7. Salida, CO and Boulder, Co area (I have flown here)
8. Marfa, TX
9. Hobbs, NM (I have flown here)
10. Warner Springs, CA (I have flown here)

I've left out many awesome places of course. Part of my

criteria is that I
=
can imagine myself taking a 2 week flying vacation there.

There are many
aw=
esome sites in europe but I don't know how many flyable

days out of 14 I
co=
uld get. But somewhere like Moriarty (F'in awesome!) I

know that out of 14
=
days in June I'm going to get 2 iffy and 12 flyable days

with at least 4
"o=
h my god, physics has been suspended" days.