Old January 16th 16, 05:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner

Default Help Needed: LXNAV S80 and Remote Stick grip

On Saturday, January 16, 2016 at 8:39:40 AM UTC-8, ZP wrote:
There are only two settings that I can find... 1) Auto SC = OFF, GPS, GFORCE. I set it to "off". 2) SC Switch = ON, OFF, TASTER. I set it to "taster".

On the vario side, there is a dedicated SC line. It is fully functional in the modes I have set. I can manually ground those wires and it will toggle between cruise and climb modes. However, there is no dedicated line provided with the stick to hook it to.

I suspect the stick is wired for the LX9xxxx units, not the S80. I will take the stick apart today and check the wiring. I'll report back. Adding a dedicated wire to that switch and connecting it to the SC wire on the vario will definitely fix this problem.

I sent a note to LXNav through their "contact us" support link. This is the first time I've tried to contact them so I don't know how responsive they will be.

ZP

Speed go fly button on the front of the stick is custom button, which function can be set by user in setup-hardware-remote stick

I would not disassemble the stick. LXNAV changed the way the stick works, it no longer has SC wires in the stick controller. The switch is connected to other inputs/outputs and is controlled by the software in the device.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com