View Single Post
Old June 5th 16, 10:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Flarm Download Question

On Sunday, June 5, 2016 at 11:34:48 AM UTC-5, Greg Delp wrote:
On Sunday, June 5, 2016 at 11:56:04 AM UTC-4, Roy Bourgeois wrote:
Friends:
I am using the Flarm Core unit with output to an LX Flarmview. All functions work properly except that at some indeterminate point in time the unit lost capability to download a flight. I connect a USB drive, the Flarmview blinks at me as in a normal start up, but no last flight download on the USB. It's not critical (the glider has 2 other loggers) but I'd like to know what happened. Has anybody experienced this?
Thanks
Roy

Roy,

I have the butterfly display which allows you to upload the logs via a menu selection to a USB stick without shutting down the Flarm Core. I'm not sure if the Flarmview allows you to do the same. If I don't use the Butterfly then I have to turn off the Core and turn it back on and it will then download all logs that aren't already on the USB. I had forgotten that you must turn the Core off and back on so couldn't figure out why the logs weren't uploading until I reread the manual. Help this helps.

Copied from the manual.

To read out the flights to the USB stick:
PowerFLARM CORE Manual 3.40 International 21
 Switch CORE OFF after flight (allow at least 2 minutes after landing to avoid losing data).
 Connect USB stick to CORE.
 Switch CORE ON.
 Observe Status LED (flashing RED/GREEN) or progress in-dication on display to verify flights are being copied.
 Wait until system has started up normally after copying flights..
 Disconnect USB stick.

Some displays or flight computers allow reading out flights without switching the CORE OFF after the flight. Please refer to your sys-tem’s documentation for details.
Please use FAT formatted USB 2.0 sticks. See the USB section for details and recommendations about USB stick usage.

Greg - which Butterfly display gives the option to download flight via menu selection? Just curious as I also use a Butterfly display but have never seen this option before. Thanks.

RS