Old August 11th 11, 05:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Default PowerFlarm at Uvalde?

A note on the vertical antenna on the FLARM unit. I didn't like
looking at it so the first mod to the OzFLARM in the Nimbus 3 was to
remove the black plastic casing from the antenna and replace it with
Tygon tubing.
The second mod was to buy a stick-on antenna and put it on the canopy.
Anyone at Uvalde can probably have a look at VJS, but I don't think
Steve is using that antenna yet. Photo also on Soaring Cafe. That
antenna was available from Nigel Andrews (RF Developments) who built
the OzFLARM. Perhaps still is available, or perhaps from Swift
Avionics who do have other remote FLARM antennas.
Jim