Old January 14th 21, 03:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nicholas Kennedy

Default SiO2 (Ceramic wax) on sailplanes ?

3M Perfect-it:

I used this stuff above on my LS3a last spring and it was easy to use, messy thou, My plane definitely turned a whiter shade of white. Keep a spray waterbottle handy as you don't want to let it go dry on you. I used a 6" electric buffer.
On mistake I made was I did it all inside my garage and the stuff got everywhere, at least it wipes off with a wet cloth and elbow grease. Won't do it inside again.
Well worth the effort IMHO, planning on doing it again this spring.
Nick