Old January 22nd 05, 07:26 PM
Eric Greenwell

The Cascade Soaring Society operates a parallel turf runway at Pangborn
Airport in Wenatchee, WA.

http://www.nwinternet.com/~blanikam/css/

One of the members (and a CFIG) is Arnie Clarke is/was the airport
manager, so they've had excellent support for the club and it's
operations over the last 20 years. If Frank's right about the goal of
the manager at your airport, someone like Arnie may be able to give you
useful insight into the situation and how to deal with it.

F.L. Whiteley wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

M-ASA Needs Your Help

Bob Jackson
1/18/2005

Mid-Atlantic Soaring Association (M-ASA) Needs Your Help

Last week the Airport Manager at Frederick Municipal Airport (FDK)
closed down the turf strip which has been used by M-ASA for the past 40
years. The claim is that the grass strip does not meet FAA standards,

snip

I really hate to say it, but they are setting the tone and lobbying for the
FAA funds to change the operational profile of this airport. In the long
run you may have already lost this battle and when they get the longer
runway and tower they may eventually pull the safety card and glider
operations will no longer be welcomed. It appears it's already inconvenient

snip

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA