Old May 11th 05, 04:14 AM
Ernest Christley

Cy Galley wrote:
There is a graphite based paint called "Slip Plate" Farmers use in on seeder
disks and plow mold boards. I use it on the Tail Wheel Strut on my
Bellanca. Lubricates without loading up with dirt. You can get it in
a rattle can.

The application I'm working on is for a folding wing mechanism. Just
won't to make things slide around a little better after I get through
flying, and don't want the mechanism to rust in the meantime. I don't
want to use any sort of grease. That'll make things REAL messy every
time I want to take the plane home.

To see what the wing folding process looks like follow this link:
http://ernest.isa-geek.org/Delta/Pic...ngAssembly.gif

Note that Time-Warner only give me 50kbs upstream and this animated gif
is 3.5Megs. So, please be gentle to my poor server 8*)

I could only find one supplier of the "Slip Plate" brand, and it was $85
for a 12oz can. So I did a search for dry film lubricants, and came up
with this:

http://www.graphitestore.com/items_l...d/35/cat_id/28

Basically $11. That's quite a spread. Do you have any idea what makes
one sell for nearly 8 times the cost of the other?

--
This is by far the hardest lesson about freedom. It goes against
instinct, and morality, to just sit back and watch people make