Old April 19th 12, 03:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Question for the GPS tech savvy people..

If you're looking for something to run on a laptop that's NOT aviation
based, I have a Garmin package which runs on a laptop. It includes a USB
antenna, software and database CD or DVD. It's useful for traveling by car,
but certainly wouldn't work in a glider.

There are, however, better and more modern packages available.

"POPS" wrote in message

With a handheld GPS, like any Garmin unit for example, if using some
technique, could it be possible to connect the GPS to a laptop, like a
MacBook, so you could view what you are seeing on your handheld also on
your laptop, especially while you are moving?
I have no understanding of the working of computers, obviously...
Small handheld+large screen = relief for my old dogger eyes...
Tks..

--
POPS