Old June 14th 04, 05:27 AM
Robey Price

After an exhausting session with Victoria's Secret Police, "Roger
Helbig" confessed the following:

Airline or Military transport pilots .. I would like to ask you
some questions about the maximum speed that an airliner
like a B-767 or 757 can travel at low altitude.

Since I have a checkride coming up...Vmo is 340 KIAS for the 757 I
fly. "Clackers" start going off if you hit 340...ahem, I have seen
this in an Idle thrust descent.

The 757 is a very "clean" airframe. It does not like to slow down. If
a pilot turned the autothrottles off and simply firewalled the
throttles it would haul ass in the traffic pattern. How fast? Not
supersonic, but it requires surprisingly low thrust to hold the FAA
250 KIAS limit beow 10k'. I should have taken notes today (TIC).

Ramp down from altitude, it would probably scare the islamist ****
terrorist with all the warning noise from an overspeed (340+ KIAS). I
mean scare in terms of, "holy allah will this infidel made machine
hold together?"

Robey