Old March 20th 19, 12:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Salida, CO flying this summer?

A few years back a friend and I launched out of Salida and were unable
to return due to weather.Â* The clouds were down on the tops of the peaks
and we eventually landed out at Alamosa.Â* As we were pushing our gliders
to the ramp, a funnel cloud descended from the clouds a few miles away.Â*
Fortunately it did not reach the ground.

On 3/19/2019 4:56 PM, Nick Kennedy wrote:
Joe Every time the Doors "Riders on the Storm" plays I think about you me Ramy and Eric flying under/along that huge thunderstorm southbound past Richfield.
We were young and wild back then eh??
At least we are still wild!

--
Dan, 5J