Old March 17th 09, 03:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
DOCTOR Mary Ellen Hall McIntire Yasay, Ph.D, (Div.)[_2_]

Default Cessna 210 Lease or Flight Club?

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 17:05:04 +0000, tatermunk wrote:

I have a question about some of the legalities of what I am in the
process of doing. If anyone can point me in the right direction I
welcome and appreciate all opinions and advice.

I am in the process of purchasing a Cessna 210. I have 3 signed 1 year
lease agreements with pilots in my area. I have a $1200 deposit from
each pilot and when I reach 6 pilots I will purchase the aircraft. They
agree to $600 per month for a year for 10hrs per month. Any hours flown
over the 10hr allowance will be an additional $60 per hr. Insurance,
Maintenance, Hanger, etc. are all included.

For me, that covers the cost of the plane, hanger, insurance, and a
hefty maintenance reserve. However, I will/can still make a profit
depending on how I structure the maintenance reserve.

Is there any problem with the way I am structuring this? And other than
paying taxes and making sure my insurance is covered correctly... Is
there any problems with making a profit from this?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Not as long as you disclose.
--
I'm unfaithful, divorced, lost my kids, bankrupt and remarried
a slant-eyed karate instructor. You, however, can call me