Old May 14th 05, 04:06 AM
Steve R.

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...

Was out a few days ago and I
hear a SSH pilot make this call to French Valley traffic.
"Helicopter xxxSH over the mountains heading to the flat area."

I just shook my head and got the hell out of the area.

So what's wrong with that? They couldn't get a good idea of where the poor
sot was from that position report? Next time, hire controllers who passed
"Mind Reading 101." ROTFLMAO :-D

Reminds me of the night time water rescue our local FD had a few years ago.
The caller gave their position by stating that they could see "a lot of
lights in the distance" (on a clear night from the middle of Galveston Bay,
that's just about any direction you care to look), and (this was the
topper!), "the moon's over my left shoulder!!" Now "that" really narrowed
it down. :-/

Fly Safe,
Steve R.