Old May 26th 07, 01:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_2_]

Default $1500 Cash Reward

erik wrote:
On May 25, 12:07 pm, Scott wrote:
Except for the a$$holes. Maybe they'll blow their brains out while
cleaning one of the guns...

Scotthttp://corbenflyer.tripod.com/
Gotta Fly or Gonna Die
Building RV-4 (Super Slow Build Version)

Rich S. wrote:

There are a$$holes out there and always will be. I hope

no one was hurt in the incident.
Rich S.

--

Shouldn't the firearms have been locked away in safes at the owners'
residences, in stead of being in hangers or in planes? Here in South

Erik Snyman
Messina
South Africa.

Here in the U.S., in most states, reasonable care is the standard.
This means minors and unauthorized persons don't have access. I agree
firearms should be in a safe except those used for self defense. This is
more to save the bother of recovering the firearms than to keep someone
from stealing them.

Assuming the hangar in question was locked that should be enough to
protect any property from being stolen. A competent burglar can get into
most safes and buildings if he is determined to do so.

In my case I have a gun safe, but I shouldn't need it since I live
alone and secure my house when I am not home. If South Africa holds the
gun owner as much as or more responsible than the burglar then something
is wrong there.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired