Old August 1st 06, 12:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Moore

Default barrel roll in 172

Jim Macklin wrote

(5) Model 172L (1972 model)
"This airplane must be operated in compliance with the
operating limitations as stated in the form of placards,
markings, and manuals:

Yeah Jim, and we all MUST comply with all highway speed limits,
even when they were 55 mph. Hell...my speedometer even had a
big red mark at 55 mph.

A lot of those placards, markings, and manual limits are just
because the manufacturer did not want to spend the time and
money in order to seek certification for a particular item.

Such is the case of the "no slips with flaps" contained in the
manual for a lot of the C-172s.

Bob Moore