Old March 28th 05, 05:27 PM
Tim Mara

What I'm not understanding from your message is "is the radio's speaker weak
((low volume)) or is the receiver not not receiving.....if it's the later it
can be the antenna, the typical rubber duck antenna is not high performance
but designed to be "convenient" and all handehld radios will suffer some
from this antenna type.
Generally the JHP radios ahve been very well received and highly dependable
......I sell JHP, Icom and Vertex as well as Walter Dittel handhelds.....all
ahve features and benefits and all have a following......all also, including
the JHP radios have good service and warranty...if there is any problem with
the radio I'm certain it can be replaced or repaired without question
tim
Wings & Wheels
www.wingsandwheels.com

wrote in message
ups.com...
All,
I have been using a JRC JHP-500 handheld radio for field communications
and have been a bit disappointed with it's performance. It has a
standard 6" flex antenna. When I am in the air and someone tries to
talk with me using the handheld, the transmission always sounds very
weak, even if I am flying right over the top of them at the airport.
For all I know, the radio is fine and the real culprit may simply be
the antenna.
Any suggestions?
Any suggestions on other (stock) handheld transceivers that have worked
well for others that won't break the bank?